Pine Richland Invitational
2023 — Pittsburgh, PA/US
You cordially invited to the annual Pine Richland Tournament on Saturday, January 21st, held at Pine-Richland High School on 700 Warrendale Rd, Gibsonia, PA 15044. Below you will find important information regarding the tournament and check out our invitational for additional details.
TENTATIVE TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE:
1) The tentative tournament schedule is updated on the PR Tournament Invitational attachment - which is found on our Tabroom website. Note: the tournament outline may be subject to change based on the day of.
Registration begins at 7:15 AM and is extended through 8:00 AM.
- Opening Announcements will begin in the PRHS Auditorium at 8:00 AM(for all students, judges, and coaches in PRHS Auditorium. The auditorium is accessible in foyer by main school entrance)
After opening announcements, Extemp will be dismissed to head to the Prep Room and the Speech/Debate Judges Meetings will occur.
2)Speech and Debate will have 4 preliminary rounds prior to lunch and Congress will have two sessions.
- We are planning to have round blasts out by 8:30 AM.
- Students/Judges - when you receive a blast, please head straight to your round.There will be student volunteers around throughout the day that can assist you if you need help finding the room.
- Finalists will be announced in the PRHS cafeteria towards the end of lunch.
Will follow PHSSL Rules with no cap on entries. Double entries are not permitted.
Speech Events Offered: Dramatic Interpretation, Humorous Interpretation, Duo, Original Oratory, Prose, Poetry, Impromptu, and Extemporaneous Speaking.
- Debate Events Offered: Congress, Lincoln Douglas, Public Forum, and Parliamentary Debate.
- Please make sure all judges have required clearances.
1 Judge for every 2 debate entries or fraction thereof.
1 Judge for every 5 speech entries or fraction thereof.
DAY OF TOURNAMENT:
Lunch Tickets will be sold for $5 per person in front of the library.
Snacks will also be available for purchase in the cafeteria.
For issues the day of: Text (do not call) the Tabroom Google Voice Number 412-376-3490 with your name, event, and issue.
Please share this number with your students as well.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact PR Coach Kayley Szymanski <email@example.com>. We look forward to seeing you there!
The Pine-Richland Forensics Team