Wichita East Forensics Invitational and WCFL LDPFCD Qualifier
2023 — Wichita, KS/US
You are invited to attend the annual Wichita East Forensics Invitational. We are hosting on February 17th-18th, 2032.
Entries are due Feb 13th but you can enter TBAs earlier. Early entry is appreciated to aid with judging estimates. I hope to avoid requiring schools to provide any judging, but I may need to if you enter week of the tournament. If you want to volunteer judging, that would be appreciated, you can enter judging on Tabroom. Entry is accessible on http://weastforensics.tabroom.com.
- Parker Mitchell, Director of Debate and Forensics, Wichita High School East
Entry fees are $6 for individual events (+LD/CON) and $12 for partner events (Duet, Duo, IDA, PFD)
- Congress – House, Novice House, Senate – Sunflower legislation. If you are attending from outside of Sunflower and you would like legislation on the docket, please have it emailed to me a week in advance so I can post it. You may compete without legislation if you want. Max 2 Entries in SEN, no limit in HOU/NH. 2 sessions Friday.
- If you have students in congress, a scorer will be required. I hope to minimize the amount of sessions you will have to score. Caveat – I (Mitchell) am fairly inexperienced with the standard congress tabbing procedure used in the region. I would happily take help here.
- LD – Jan/Feb Topic (Borders) – 4 rounds friday
- PFD – Feb Topic (RTW) – 4 rounds friday
- It is highly likely I will need to ask for judge coverage for PFD/LD. (Sorry) We will not collapse to a virtual/hybrid tournament (less sorry) –with low entries, we will still try to put on a tournament, even if students have to debate the same school. Ideally, this will be avoided.
3:00 – Registration – Important: we have no school but there are meetings in the Hangar (cafeteria, our usual meeting spot). When you arrive please progress up the stairs and back to the Commons.
3:30 – Congress Session 1/Debate Round 1
4:30 – Debate Round 2
5:30 – Congress Session 2/Debate Round 3
6:30 – Debate Round 4
7:30/ASAP – Awards
- Dramatic Interpretation, Duet Acting, Duo Interpretation, Humorous Interpretation, Impromptu, Impromptu Duet Acting, Info (10), International Extemp, Original Oration, Poetry, Prose, POI, United States Extemp.
- Dual entry is allowed, triple entry is allowed only if the third event is impromptu. If entered in one of the following you may not enter in another on this list: (IX, USX, IDA)
- Extemp topics will be from news sites (Google News)
7:45 AM – Round 1 1st Draw – Extemp/IDA
8:00 AM-9:30 AM – Round 1
9:15 AM – Round 2 1st Draw – Extemp/IDA
9:30 AM-11:00 AM – Round 2
10:45 AM -- Round 3 1st Draw – Extemp/IDA
11:00 AM -12:30 PM – Round 3
1:15 PM – Finals 1st Draw – Extemp/IDA
1:30 PM-2:30 PM – Finals