Wildcat Classic Winnersville Valdosta High School
2022 — Valdosta, GA/US
Thank you for attending the 2022 Wildcat Classic at Valdosta High School.
We are running our tournament a little differently... In-person, Hybrid, and Online! We're a little bit crazy in Winnersville USA!
- Novice Policy Debate is a hybrid event - we hope to have some competitors/judges on campus and some online with the event being in NSDA Campus for all competitors and judges. In-person competitors and judges will be given classrooms to compete or judge in.
- We are offering some online only combined Speech events - Platform Speaking, Impromptu, and Dramatic Performance. (These events are open to GA high school students and high school and middle school students from around the country.)
- Im-person We are offering all the usual events AND two events that are usually not offered: Extemp Sports Analysis and Radio Speaking.
- We are offering middle school speech events.
- Event entry fee is $15 for each single person event and $30 for each paired event.
- ????It is Halloween weekend so we are encouraging teams to dress casually and/or in costumes. We will give prizes the best competitor costume, best coach costume, and best squad costume. We will also have games between rounds on the courtyard.
- We will have a fully stocked student snack bar with affordabily priced pizza, drinks, and snacks. The hospitality lounge for coaches and judges will have a variety of lunch items including vegetarian and vegan offerings.
- Events in-person are patterned so speech students can double enter in each pattern, unless noted otherwise, there will only be 3 rounds of each Speech event with break rounds as needed:
Congress (Cannot double enter in Pattern)
Extemp SPORTS Commentary - NEW EVENT
Middle School - Dramatic Performance
Middle School - Declamation
Program of Oral Interpretation
Middle School - Just Talk
Middle School - Impromptu
Please ask any questions. We look forward to hosting our first on-campus tournament since 2020, even though things are going to be a bit stranger and, definitely, Wildcat.