Rogers Heritage War Eagle Classic
2022 — NSDA Campus, AR/US
Registration will open Monday, October 24th, 2022 at 9:00 a.m. and will close on Monday, November 28, 2021 at 11:00 a.m.
We will be offering High School and Junior High School events!
· For High School we will offer OO, INFO, DI, DUO, HI, ISP, INFO, POE, POI, PRO, STY, and US Domestic Ext.
· For Junior High we will offer POE, PRO, and STY (we have reduced fees for Junior High and all rounds are Asynchronous)
We will offer the following Individual Events in a two (2) asynchronous rounds and then break to asynchronous finals:
- Dramatic Interpretation
- Dramatic Song Lyric
- Humorous Interpretation
- Duo Interpretation
- Program Oral Interpretation
- Informative Speaking
- Original Oratory
We will offer the following Individual Events in a two (2) asynchronous rounds and then have the Synchronous “Live” finals on Saturday:
We will offer Synchronous rounds SATURDAY ONLY in these events in an A and B pattern:
- United States Extemporaneous (Pattern A)
- Impromptu Speaking (Pattern B)
- Prose (Finals Rounds)(Pattern A)
- Poetry (Finals Rounds)(Pattern B)
We reserve the right to collapse any event with ample notice due to low entry.
All Asynchronous Rounds will be Judged beginning Tuesday, Nov. 29 and end by Friday, Dec. 2nd. Those who advance to Synchronous rounds in Poetry and Prose will be notified via Tabroom.com. All Results and Ballots will be posted on tabroom.com.
Schedule for Friday, December 2nd
Impromptu Round 1: 4:30 – 6pm
Impromptu Round 2: 6:15 - 7:45pm
Impromptu Round 3: 8:00 – 9:30pm
US Extemp Round 1: 4:00 Draw; 4:30pm Start
US Extemp Round 2: 6:00 Draw; 6:30pm Start
US Extemp Round 3: 8:00 Draw; 8:30pm Start
Schedule for Saturday, December 3rd
8:30am Extemp Draw
9:00am Pattern “A”: Prose, US Extemp (this a finals round at some level)
10:30am Pattern “B” Poetry, Impromptu (this a finals round at some level)
12:00pm Extemp Draw
12:30pm Pattern “A”: Prose, US Extemp (this a finals round at some level)
2:00pm Pattern “B” Poetry, Impromptu (this a finals round at some level)
3:30pm Extemp Draw
4:00pm Pattern “A”: Prose, US Extemp (this a finals round at some level)
5:00pm Pattern “B” Poetry, Impromptu (this a finals round at some level)
The Tournament Staff may or may not reduce the need for rounds as per the needs of the Tournament. Virtual Awards Ceremony will be recorded and sent out as soon as rounds are finished and results are tabulated.
Sectioning and Breaks:
- Prepared Forensics Events will have 2 asynchronous prelims and 1 asynchronous Final. All videos will be due on Monday, November 28th, 2022 at 11am.
- Asynchronous judging will be conducted during the week leading up to the tournament weekend from Tuesday, November 30 to Friday, December 2nd, 2022.
- Preliminary sections will consist of no more than eight entries. Students may enter multiple events but should be aware that rounds will NOT be held if they are late or unable to make it to all rounds. No more than one event per Pattern
- Videos will be utilized for the Synchronous rounds if there are any PRIOR-communicated conflicts or technical issues.
- Recorded Duo Interpretation will use the same area side by side or split screen.
- Patterns will be:
- Pattern A: PROSE, US Extemp
- Pattern B: Impromptu, Poetry
7. The number of event entries will dictate use need/use of quarter and semi rounds. Final rounds will have no more than 6 competitors.
8. The schedule may adjust as needed before and during the Tournament. Notification will be sent giving as much time as possible for all concerned.
Sweepstakes and Awards:
Only finalists will receive awards. There will be trophies for 1, 2nd, 3rd place, and medals for the remaining competitors places 4, 5 and 6. We are excited to offer sweepstakes awards of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for both Large and Small Schools.
We will have one judging pool:
1 judge per 6 entries
A $10 judging fee will be assessed per missed round of judging. We will assess a $10 missing judge fee per uncovered commitment.
Junior High per event entry fee: $8.00
HS Per Event Entry - 15.00
School Fee - 25.00(we will wave the school fee for Junior High)
Drops After Deadline - 10.00
Missing Judge Requirement – 10.00
Judge Missing Round - 10.00
Links to Ballots for Judging (please have ALL Judges review for assigned events)