CDA March Tournament
2023 — Online using Zoom and Tabroom C, CT/US
The overwhelming preference is to debate in person, but the weather says otherwise (see below).
We will hold Saturday's tournament online.
Please make sure all you debaters and judges are aware of this change and prepare.
1. General assembly, case prep, judges workshop and final round will be held on Zoom.
- Everyone needs a Zoom ID. Go to zoom.us to create an ID using an email address if you do not have one.
- Everyone needs to register for the Zoom meeting at Meeting Registration in order to receive a link to attend the Zoom meeting.
- You will not be able to join the Zoom meeting if you do not register for it with a Zoom ID.
2. All four preliminary rounds will be held using Tabroom's Campus facility. Everyone needs a Tabroom ID and that ID must be linked to their entry in tabroom.
- Go to tabroom.com to create an ID if you don't have one.
- Give the email address you used to create the ID to your Coach.
- Coaches should check that the name of the student on judge on their roster is linked to that email address
- I will be emailing coaches later today with the names of debaters and judges who are not linked.
- You will not be able to debate or judge without a Tabroom ID linked to your entry in the tournament.
3. More detailed information can be found in the following documents:
- The March Tournament Details document contains links to the zoom registration and the tournament announcement docs, plus a brief summary of the tournament procedure.
- The CDA Online Procedures Guide which is a full description of how we run a tournament online, include links to training material, training videos and tips on the technology.
- Note that Tabroom Campus requires the Google Chrome browser. If you are using an iPad, iPhone or Android phone you must also install an app called Jitsi for the video component to work. This is all described in detail in the CDA Online Procedures Guide.
If you have questions please email me. I will be posting this information on Tabroom and on the CDA website.
Apologies for making this change at the last minute, and apologies in advance if the rain/snow line moves north and we are all wondering why we are not debating in person on Saturday morning.
WFSB Weather at of 10AM on Thursday:
Friday:Sun early, then increasing cloudiness. Snow and/or a wintry mix becomes likely after the evening commute. Breezy. Low: 28. High: 40 inland, 41 shore. At night: a wintry mix and/or rain.
Saturday:Rain or a wintry mix in the morning could switch to snow before ending; otherwise, mostly cloudy. Breezy. Low: 32. High: 37 inland, 39 shore.
On behalf of Westhill High School and the CDA, you are invited to our last regular tournament of the 2022-23 season on Saturday, March 4, 2023. This will be an in-person tournament using our Parliamentary format. For details, please see the full invitation posted at right.
This is a tournament for members of the Connecticut Debate Association. We welcome interested parties who are looking to join the league.
For information about the league, activities and format, please see our website, http://ctdebate.org. For questions or comments, please email:
Connecticut Debate Association