District One Mini Tourney
2020 — Online, WA/US
You are invited to the District One Mini-Tourney... an easy and effective way to get some extra rounds (and make sure that all of our District One teams are eligible for the State Championships!)
Here is the schedule we will be using on Cascade Commons:
3-4:15pm- Round 1 LD/PF/Congress
4:15-5:30pm- Round 1 Speech
5:30-6:45pm- Round 2 LD/PF/Congress
6:45-8pm- Round 2 Speech
* Schedule has been adapted to give some extra time for feedback from judges!
* We will be focusing on finding coaches and District One alumni to be the judges!
* There is no cost for this tournament. The MVHS Debate Team will cover the cost of Cascade Commons... though if you would like to contribute a bit to this, feel free!
* LD, PF, Congress will obviously be synchronous. Same for Extemp and Impromptu!
* For Congress, here is the docket, selected by Coach Derek Hanson:
1. The Student-Athlete Empowerment Act
2. A Bill to Implement Ranked Choice Voting 3. A Bill to Ban Fireworks for Consumer Use 4. A Resolution to End Recognition of the One China Policy 5. A Resolution to Amend the Constitution to Restore Native Sovereignty 6. A Bill to Implement Price Controls to Increase Accessibility to Life Saving Drugs
* Oratory, Informative, and the Interps will be recorded and will need to be submitted by Tuesday, December 8th at 8pm. BUT, the events will be judged synchronously so that competitors can watch each others performances.
* Not a District One school? No problem! We understand that everyone is having a hard time getting started this season and might be needing an easy way to compete-- we would love for you to join us!
* Coaches, please use this link to send the names and emails of your students for use on Cascade Commons: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d-a9XI1kAj4xwHr1poflT-3WIfRH5KiL/view?fbclid=IwAR3surRUlHiEa1tDD88up7yCiWh4YYbTl-9jgLNQykJABQnlt25iZs7NCwM
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!