Bishop Blanchet High School Middle School Invitational
2022 — Seattle, WA/US
Novice Dramatic Interpretative Reading
1. Speaker may read one or more selections of published prose, poetry or drama.
2. Material should be dramatic in nature.
3. If more than one selection is read they must be connected by a central theme.
4. Speaker is required to have an introduction and transitions should connect selections if more than one reading is used. Intro may be memorized and included in 8-min. time limit.
5. Speaker should maintain the illusion of reading (occasionally reference the script).
6. Body movement is limited to a one-step radius.
7. Gestures should be limited.
8. The TIME LIMIT for this event is a maximum of 8 minutes with a 30 second grace period.