Dalmasse Sterner Steel City Invitational
2023 — Pittsburgh, PA/US
Public Forum Debate
Entry Fee $12.00
Entry 2 competitors per entry
The Public Forum Debate event consists of two-person teams that advocate or reject a position posed by the resolution. The January 2023 topic will be used. A few highlighted rules include:
- Each team must consist of two debaters from the same school.
- Sides will be set by the tabulation staff in Rounds 1 and 2. There will only be a coin flip for sides when explicitly noted.
- The Pro (or Affirmative) Team will always speak first.
- Each team will be alloted 2 minutes of Prep Time each round.
- Electronic storage/retrieval devices (laptops, tablets, phones) are permitted. Internet connectivity is permitted for the purpose of sharing evidence, but communicating with a 3rd party during a debate round is not.