2023 — Coppell, TX/US
1. Section A: Impromptu Speaking, Original Oratory, Dramatic Interpretation, Duo Interpretation, Prose Interpretation, Program Oral Interp
2. Section B: Extemporaneous Speaking, Humorous Interpretation, Duet Acting, Poetry Interpretation, Informative Speaking
3. Congress may not cross-enter in Section A.
4. Debaters may not cross-enter in any other event.
5. Unlimited cross-entries are otherwise allowed, but the tournament will not be responsible for missed rounds.
1. Make all entries using this website.
2. Students competing in person must be accompanied by an adult.
3. Entries must represent a school (no independent entries)
4. A novice is defined as anyone who has not competed in high school forensics prior to this school year.
5. Brackets will not be broken in varsity debate.
6. Coppell and Coppell 9th intend to compete in TFA qualifying divisions of both tournaments.
TOPICS & RULES
1. We will follow TFA event & tabulation rules wherever applicable.
2. Lincoln-Douglas debate will use the NSDA topic for January/February.
3. Cross-Examination debate will use the NSDA Topic.
4. Public Forum debate will use the NSDA January topic.
5. Congress Docket and World Schools Prepared Motions will be announced by ASAP.
6. Impromptu will offer 7 minutes total to draw, prep, and speak.
1. Panels will be used in elimination rounds of TFA qualifying events whenever possible.
2. Varsity debaters with at least 250 NSDA points may be used as NCX, NLD, NPF, and NX.